A little update on Master of Data Science (1 out of 16 months)
We got a lot of computational, math, and combination of both things. The math and statistics subject is crazier than the ones I had in my undergrads. One full semester of stat course in undergrad is finished in only one module, and we still have 8 modules to go. I'm also enrolled in advanced database system (Banjut!?), one of my least favorite subjects in undergrad. Although I passed that subject, I still have zero idea about it (unfortunately it's a core subject, need to pass!!). And another subject I take is cluster and cloud computing, which is scary as it sounds to me.
One of my favorite things about Master of Data Science is how diverse our social life can be, we go between school of math and school of informatics. So we're required to deep dive into two different worlds. I get to meet a lot of people from different majors and backgrounds. Every week, I need to visit 6 different buildings and none of them the same in each day. (you can see all of them in reel)
In addition, I need to adapt to many cultures, especially for team assignments. Forming a team was the hardest part I need to go through so far. I was kind of selective and biidznillah I got the best team I'm comfortable with, a good composition; one devops, full-stack as well as scrum master, front-end, back-end, text and data analyst, and one that I guess can do all of them.
Every day a particular classmate will sit next to me and ask "how are you?" (what a gentleman). It's amazing how I went from replying "sleepy", "tired", and "confused" to "fine", "just fine". I just noticed that today lol, he said "well at least you're not tired anymore". I can only say, although the subjects and overall are beyond my expectation (I don't know what to expect anyway) but hey... I can unexpectedly go through it very well. Alhamdulillah biidznillah.
Today, I couldn't be more grateful because I realize that things go better and better every day. But to be honest, I'm still stressed about missing out on classes (OLD HABITS!) and mid-exam is in 2 weeks. But in syaa Allah, I believe I can do it..
لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ
Comments
Post a Comment