Association

It's amazing how our brain creates deep associations in such complex things, like memories and emotions. The mastermind catches something out of notice from the environment in particular situations. Sometimes we remember something from our childhood because it brings joy, sometimes it scares us like a trauma. Some memories are full of laughter because something funny was up at that time. The brain may catch sounds like laughter, temperature like warmth, and physical things like toys without even us noticing. I call these threads. When we sense similar things like these threads, there is this string, probably synapsis, leading you down to the library of memories. Like a professional librarian, it chooses which memories to play with. Just no matter how it records these memories, feelings, and moods, I believe it is a complex database if we were to copy one. Threads to threads, string to string, pull and pull.

I would say, the more intense your feeling when you experience something, your brain becomes more sensitive. Probably it is triggered to overwork, catching all your surroundings like paparazzi. You don't usually pay attention to smells, now it encodes the smells into thousand bits of dots in your brain sharply. You will recall it somehow someday when one dot is triggered by a thread and it will become vivid. I always imagine the thickness of the threads brings intensities, like bandwidth. It controls how much of the memories need to be recalled, strong? medium? blunt? but you can't cut it. Most of the time, mine is very thick.

 

Comments

Popular Posts