Gold 24
The 2024 had much to offer than just an experience and a memory.
It reflects dynamics and transition.
The more than just a bunch of past events, yet the little provisions of future events.
Or maybe... it wasn't 2024, maybe it was about being 25
Three countries, five roles, six subjects, many places, infinitely many prayers, and so on. I think I couldn't be more surprised anymore with this year, let's see what the remaining hours offer us. Alhamdulillah 'alaa kulli haal.
Lots and lots and lots of things happened in 2024, but there was only one that I could think of if one day someone ever mentions 2024. It was life's biggest surprise, but I couldn't be more grateful.
Same month last year, I remember the delulu I went through about "What if I'm getting married next year", bragging about this stuff to many friends lol. Until one day, the moment after my graduation, I approached my mother in my apartment's bed. I said to her "Mom, I think I wanna get married, but I don't know to whom". It was a bit silly, because all this time we have always thought I wanted to, but to be honest that was the only time I felt like I was really serious about it.
In the exact same month, probably a week later, a guy (the long-lost minimal-contact never-approach Bachelor's-former-colleague) approached me through Instagram, for a ta'aruf proposal. Long story short, it went through and we got married. "Has any of my prayers ever been granted this fast?", I think that's all I can think about. That could be the case, but I don't wanna take this moment for granted, it was foremost can only happen with Allah's permission.
Little do people know, it was just the beginning of a long journey. It might take 7 days for us to be in-contact again, it might take less than two months for us to khitbah, it might take less than 6 months for us to get married. But the following moments, are the most challenging ones. Those are the unseen and unpredictable futures, it feels like there is no deadline anymore, no zone limit, it is all unlimitedly many scenarios of the future. It almost feels like you simply sail the open seas.
And maybe that is all Tazawwaj is about. It isn't easy to sail the open seas alone, that's why it takes two.
Jannah isn't an easy journey, that's why it takes two. And here is to beyond the 24g in 2024.
Comments
Post a Comment