O' Sea

 I found photos and videos of my "Random Melb" albums in my phone as I tried to curate and back up my data. Honestly, I miss the memories I share with the beautiful city so much. But nothing as hard as my longing for the moments I spent visiting the sea.

_______________________________________________

O’ Sea

The waves crash against the shore—
Shells and bones, but nothing more.

Emotion sure feels like ocean waves:
Ups and downs, then come the storms.
No one can stop them from reaching the shore;
Block them, they only crash harder.

All you gotta do is watch them go,
Disappear into the distance,
Merge with the tranquil sea
In a soothing, silent trance.

I love seeing the sea and listening to it.
I love how it lifts you—
Humans, seaweed, ships—
No matter how heavy.

I love how reaching the sun and sky
Feels very easy.

And when things become heavy,
The last thing I wanna do—
Is surrender to the sea.
Let it lift all the weight,
And bring you back to the sky.

________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts